Monday, September 29, 2008

Hey Ya'll,
Well starting at last friday the school day was good. In P.E. we played basketball and I was the only white kid playing and I guess the didn't see me as much of a threat. I played great defense i got like 30 rebounds and i packed a few kids. At the end of class my coach told me I should try out for the team but I'm trying to decide on playing for school or playing in another league with a lot of friends from church. We had planned on goin to Louisianna that night but we had to do a lot of things that took too long and decided insted of driving all night we would leave at three in the morning. We drove in our freinds 15 seater van with only 9 of the seats in and a t.v. and xbox so the drive there was awesome. We got there around 10 and started clearing fallen trees and branches from peoples yards. after an hour or two we went to subway for lunc. Then we went to another house with a gross smelly mud front yard and cleared debris from there. My friends caught a crab which we wanted to catch as many animals as we could. then we went to the local church building set up camp,took showers,then went to dinner. Dinner was good and the resteraunt had metal mugs which was cool. the next day we got up at like 8 and everyone was already up but us. We got our assignment and headed out. We went over one of those bridges that go up for boats right as a big barge was about to go through we got out to check it out that was pretty cool. When we were driving there we were driving along a big creek and on the banks there were alligators everywhere which was pretty cool and we wanted to catch one. When we got there we noticed there were lizards everywhere. They were called green anoles and could change color they were really cool. We caught a lot of them. then we trimmed a huge dead tree and carried all the branches to the street. When we finished there we went down the road to another house and did a little clean up there. We went back to camp and packed up everything. WE went to breakfast/lunch at Ihop it was really good.Then we started the 6 hour drive back. We watched Napolean Dynamite and played one of our old football games the whole way back it was fun. we got back at around 8 and went to sleep. Today school was good to and in P.E. (which is my favorite class) we played football and I was one of the better kids out there.And at the end of class my other coach told me I should try out for the football team but I dont know about that either. So alot has happened in the past few days and I've enjoyed all of it.Thats about all.


~Tyler~

1 comment:

Dean and Maryellen said...

Loved hearing about your adventure. Don't think to much about whether you should play a school sport. All your uncles loved every minute of it, and they didn't have coaches asking them to play.
Good service that you rendered. Blessing on you.
love Granbma